AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used car shopping...an interesting observation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Next stop Valhalla
Posted 12/11/2018 08:04 (#7163625 - in reply to #7162410)
Subject: RE: Used car shopping...an interesting observation

NE Neb
I bought a new pickup in 2010. The dealer had his price on the window we were looking at it I said I like that price you got a pen I'll fill out the check and go. He said we can't do that. I asked why he explained the gm discount story on and on he went about the financing with the discounts. I shook his hand and said well that's too bad I'll see you later. He had my name so he must have looked it up from past service work and called the next day. I went back a couple days later and same thing. I left again. He called back a week later said truck is still here. I asked if that price was still on it. He said yes and promised to figure out how to sell this to me for the price posted. I went back there and went inside. He explained all the discounts when financing on and on he talked about it. After he had all the paper work done and ready to sign I said no. I told him here's a check put that price on it give me the keys and you get the sale. He ended up financing me and filling out my check to pay off the finance company. What a waste of my time and his. When someone tells you they can't there's always ways they will. I don't buy many new things but I've bought alot of used things just standing in the parking lot and never going inside.

Edited by Next stop Valhalla 12/11/2018 08:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)