AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MacDon Head Sucks!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 12/10/2018 19:02 (#7162582 - in reply to #7162530)
Subject: RE: MacDon Head Sucks!

NEMO
hellosugar - 12/10/2018 17:47

we have been running in snow also. its the nature of the beast, they freeze up. Not intended to run in snow. We ended up flipping canvas' top to bottom to get good edge on the bottom. Took them off washed them clean and flipped them. I did have some trouble in mud also, but reset the feeder house, the ground froze up after that. Mine doesn't have the inner/outer skid plates. Don't know if that would help or not. Mine is a '14 fd75. If I had endless pockets, id trade for a deere fd, I like their hydro flex cutter bar. Mine went in heated shop every night.

Might have to try flipping the belt. Thanks for the idea.

I might see if I can demo a Deere draper tomorrow. Neighbor across the road still running with his auger head when I gave up fighting it this evening. It would be hard to go back to an auger, but at least I'd be cutting.

Have one draper head in the heated shop now. Will probably just run one combine in beans and put the second one back on corn, no better than the bean cutting has went the last few days. Rotate draper heads in the morning, drag the warm one to the field and put the frozen one in the shop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)