AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What kind of liquid tender
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ady5008
Posted 12/10/2018 06:25 (#7161115)
Subject: What kind of liquid tender

Central PA
I need to come up with a spray tender for next year. I'm fairly small and run a 500 gallon sprayer but my ground is spread out. The options I've thought of are:

1. Bumper pull be deck over trailer with a 500 gallon tank and possibly a 250 gallon tank.

2. Old triaxle or tandem axle dump or grain body with a larger tank.

My pickup is only a 1500 so I'd be limited in how much I could haul with the trailer. 750 gallons would probably have me a little overweight, but it would be rare that I'd actually need both tanks full. It would be very handy to say have 500 gallons of nitrogen in the sprayer, plus 250 gallons of nitrogen on the tender, plus another 300 gallons of water on the tender, so I could switch between spraying and sidedressing on 1 trip. I also really like the idea of not having another engine around to keep running. I'd also use the trailer to haul some hay and odds and ends.

On the other hand I could use a dump or grain body to haul grain, chicken manure and stone as well. I currently grow about 10,000 bushels of grain per year and could haul 50-200 tons of manure for myself. The straight truck would be a lot nicer to get in and out of fields with. A single axle truck would slow down my custom harvester so I'd strongly lean towards a larger truck. How do you secure a tank in a dump though? Which way would you guys go? I really don't like the idea of buying something that only gets used as a tender.

Edited by ady5008 12/10/2018 06:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)