AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Warm Day In December
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rusty6
Posted 12/9/2018 19:41 (#7160418 - in reply to #7160385)
Subject: RE: Warm Day In December

S.E. Sask.

don@nebr - 12/9/2018 17:31 Cant be hard to fix that heater. Is it electrical? Switch? Heater core? Those heaters are easy peasey to fix compared to modern cars. Their are still parts available today but wont be later. I made the mistake of not finding and replacing the coils on my 41 Ford. They would start and run just long enough to get you away from home, then lose spark as it got hotter. Now not so easy to find for a V-8 flathead. I am pretty sure according to door oil change stickers it has less than 28,000 miles the first time around. Driving without defrosters is a bad deal. If its 6 volt car they had fans to mount blowing right way or 12 they have heater and fan for same issues. If your fan motor is shot they should be repoped someplace. Might be same as Ford someplace.

Heater core leaks plus mice have chewed up the defroster ducts some . Since I don't plan to drive it much in winter I have not put a big priority on fixing the heater. Other things it needs more. 
You can get your coil rebuilt for that old Ford.
It will have the "divers helmet" or possibly the "crab style" coil. There is a guy in I think Florida that will either sell you a rebuilt or you can send yours in for rebuild. Check in to the Ford Barn discussion forum if you aren't there already. Its the place to be if you run or work on an old Ford. I need to get one for my 39 Deluxe too. 
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/ 

Edited by Rusty6 12/9/2018 19:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)