AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hemp Production Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JD105404T
Posted 12/9/2018 15:26 (#7159795 - in reply to #7159709)
Subject: RE: Hemp Production Questions

One of the companies that approached us told us that they would pay 150 dollars an acre up front and then another 150 dollars after it was harvested and that they would also provide all the seed. They also said that they would pick the bails up after it was harvested. They then told us that there would be bonuses depending upon how much of the work we did ourselves if we planted it and harvested it ourselves. If you didnt want to do any of the planting or harvesting yourself you wouldnt get any bonuses. I know that there were other companies making a similiar offer. I did talk to one producer that was working with a different company and ended up getting to do it this year and he told me he only got to do around 30 acres and they were only able to obtain half the seed they needed and thats why he had so many weed problems and he ended up just harvesting it for the grain and not the fiber. He also told me he had to pay around 70 dollars an acre to a lawyer that had the majority of the contracts tied up this year to be able to do it.

Thank you
JD105404T

Edited by JD105404T 12/9/2018 15:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)