AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Commercial insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MikeBra
Posted 12/11/2018 15:51 (#7164436 - in reply to #7159317)
Subject: RE: Commercial insurance

Onalaska WI
There are a couple different questions and a couple different parts of the coverage that might apply for what some/most of you described you are doing. Some of you have concerns about people being injured, some with equipment damage and some with pollution. Most of the companies that will insure you for application/sales should be able to do all. Third party pollution (not accident related and not on your property) is the most overlooked.
I am an agent and we use about 4 different companies depending on location and what you are into. Not all of the write in all 48 states.
If you want to pick my brain, call or PM me.

One thing to always ask is about your umbrella. I think FarmRiskMgr was touching on, that umbrella does not always go over everything you may have a claim for and extend those limits to that extra $1,000,000 plus. Some of your miss-application limits, Seedmans Errors and Omissions among others do not go beyond the limit in the regular policy. The term umbrella is used pretty loosely at times.
On pollution- most policies exclude that for the overall liability limit and then give back later in the policy with a certain dollar amount and under certain circumstances.
I rambled a little there. If you have a specific question, post it. I will do my best to answer.

EDIT- also someone talked about rating on number of acres applied. That is true for some- some base it on payroll for applicators. Your liability rate is also different for dry or liquid application.

Edited by MikeBra 12/11/2018 15:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)