AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife appreciation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 12/9/2018 19:09 (#7160337 - in reply to #7159649)
Subject: RE: Wife appreciation

Easiest way to cook a tater is wash the dirt off and put in the microwave, no cover,nothing.

BUT not regular setting. Hit defrost (which is usually 50% power) Mine sets time by weight so if you have 1 large one set 2.5 # medium would be 2# setting and a small tater takes about 1.5# setting on defrost set. Use a fork or toothpick to check for done (vary by different makes and models.) If more is needed set for another XX. You will quickly get used to how much time you need.

The result is a good tasting tater that is not all shriveled to nothing, or taste like plastic when wrapped in cellophane. Even my mother who was a died in the wool,scratch cooker and a good one said she prefered those to any she had ever tried. Never could convince either parent of mine to eat the skin, they had to peel them which I found the skin was best part.

IF you have many to do at once the oven is still best bet.

I dont ever eat at the drivethru fast food unless drug there by my kids who eat there way too much. I cooked quite a bit raising my kids, they took their turns too since teaching them to cook is part of good parenting. My mother taught them volumes also. Like cinniman rolls, cakes, pies and major stuff like freezing corn in season. They all know how, dont see why they go fast food so often.

MY problem is I cant stand very long at a time so hard to spend hours cooking for one. And washing dishes just doesnt work. But I gave up heart attack in a sack a few years ago. Never did much but NONE now!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)