AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I am living most of the Time in Big Timber Montana
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

daddycal
Posted 12/9/2018 19:04 (#7160327 - in reply to #7158659)
Subject: RE: I am living most of the Time in Big Timber Montana

Montana
I have a son in law who loves hunting and wild game but I love a corn fed certified Angus steak or Jerkey and Beef burger from our aged cows. There are local guides and outfitters that would be my choice if you want an Elk hunt. Our ranch has some shoulder hunt Cow permits and some permit bull elk but I do not know what an out of state Elk tag costs.

I am hoping that things will work out for my Son in Law to become an outfitter but as it is, Fish wildlife and parks and Montana Government will not let a farmer or rancher, be like an outfitter, for guests even on their own property unless the meet the requirements to be a State licensed, outfitter or guide. We are allowed to charge and access fee and have people come to hunt mule deer and pronghorn and some have had very good luck and had a great experience.
Coyote hunting is an exciting adventure all on its own and the thrill of unloading a thirty round clip on a running coyote, badger or ground squirrel, is fun and exciting for me. Coyote and predator control is at our discretion and has been the most fun and exciting of the times I have hosted people.

Snowmobiling in Mountains and Valleys, not far from Big Timber is said to be spectacular for those who are strong and healthy and fearless.

We have friends and neighbors who do have outfitter and guide licenses and they can help folks get a fantastic experience. A person may want to base in Big Timber and hunt different mountainous areas within a two hour drive.

Absaroka-Beartooth Outfitters
www.absarokabeartooth.com/ offer horseback riding in beautiful locations near Big Timber, along the majestic yellowstone river or back country adventures. They are my friends but I am not affiliated with their business. They can take you deep into the Wilderness as seen in the movie "Sweet Grass". Lonnie Mayo, is the youngest daughter of Lawrence Allestad, who was among the very last sheep ranchers to graze the wilderness.

There are very beautiful Alpine guest ranches around the area and several Country locations to stay and play in the Big Timber area. Our house is on a quiet street on a corner that is nested by trees and a large grassy yard. Our Ranch headquarters is 30 miles from town over improved gravel roads and most often is about a forty five minute drive from town. While some family members may want a ranch or hunting adventure, sometimes a spouse or friend, wants a quiet getaway in small town Montana with the love and feel of Americana. Cole Drug in Big Timber, still has a Soda fountain and dinner at the Grand Hotel is elegant and reasonable priced. The

It is wise to try to get hunting license and tags early. Montana used to grant a certain number of tags to outfitters, so they could maintain a stable business, but evil politics ended that beautiful plan.

There is a lot of hunting on Public or Block management land but the experience with a guide can be much more fulfilling, in my opinion. I have been out in the hills for so many years and now am seeing so many amazing and beautiful things about Big Timber and this area that can take old timers back to their childhood and what many call the good old days. I would love to have Sunday visitors and share our beautiful Church Family. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)