AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jd 6620 reel pump pressure?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pirlbeck
Posted 12/9/2018 08:44 (#7159035 - in reply to #7158538)
Subject: RE: Jd 6620 reel pump pressure?

West Central Iowa
Reel pump pulleys are commonly burnt from not having the reel hoses plugged together when removing the platform header.

I checked the specs in the factory manual I have here and the relief valve is set to 1750PSI and the pump flow should be 9.4 gallons per minute@2340 fast idle no load RPM. Reel drive relief valve is located in the reel flow control valve. Pretty simple system. The oil flows from the reservoir to the pump, from the pump to the control valve. From the control valve the controlled flow oil goes to the reel drive motor and the excess flow and the return flow from the motor are teed together and flows to the oil cooler and then back to the reservoir. If you did not just mess with the flow setting, I think it is pretty unlikely anything changed with it and hydraulic motors don't give much problems other then leaks. I would guess you have either a hyd pump problem or a relief valve problem, but then again you never know. Any neighbors have a header you could just slip on to test the reel motor.

It you could get a needle valve and a pressure gauge plumbed into the outlet line of the pump you could do a pump pressure test that way. You would not have any relief valve in the circuit, so you would have to be sure not to start it with the needle valve closed and be very careful closing it when doing the tests.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)