AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Times up USDA. Farmers need to know status of 2nd half MFP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Birddy
Posted 12/8/2018 19:32 (#7158315 - in reply to #7157497)
Subject: RE: Times up USDA. Farmers need to know status of 2nd half MFP

ND

denny-o - 12/8/2018 10:47 Some panties in a wad on here. Do your 19 planning based on expected market prices. I have contracted my soys for 19. Waiting just a bit on corn yet. Pay your 18 taxes based on the income you have by now. The 2nd bean money will not be in hand by the 31st simply because the federal bureaucracy cannot and will not move that fast and the election is over for now. And with Nancy NaNa calling the shots on money after the 1st we may never see it (shrug) For my fellow farmers who have cash flow problems, you have my sympathy. I have no easy answers. A general recommendation is to look at maximizing net income per acre as opposed to maximizing yields. If you can decrease inputs by 7% and only lose 5% off the total income produced, you have just found money laying right there on the floor of the tool shed. (easy for me to say, hard for you to do - but that is exactly what I am working on for myself. I'm profitable and determined to stay that way) I do not expect China to suddenly buy huge amounts of US beans. They will buy some simply because Brazil has emptied their storage and the new crop is not until March. And Xi will dribble purchases till then to avoid running up the US price. Xi is playing hard ball.

Tell us how you can price 2019 soybeans at these prices ?

Show us the numbers. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)