AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kitchen Knives
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

PeteMN
Posted 12/9/2018 20:57 (#7160685 - in reply to #7154950)
Subject: RE: Kitchen Knives

E.Central MN
We've had Chicago cutlery for a long time, bought it after watching my neighbors butcher chickens/etc. They had used the same knives for 40 years and finally wore them out from re-sharpening them. I think they're made in China now with the plastic handles, but still look like a decent set for the money. A buddy had gone to chef school so he showed me the Wustoff outlet store in NE Mpls last year, everything was expensive. Even the small pocket knives were about $75-100. We also stopped at a restaurant supply place(American Food Service maybe?, north of Rosedale shopping center) and I looked at restaurant items there, bought some hand scoops for measuring out feed ingredients and got a reasonably priced serated knife for slicing warm bread, it was very sharp, used it for something I shouldn't have and it sliced my finger like butter, I didn't do that again. That store was an interesting place, quality looked good and prices wouldn't break the bank compared to looking at Wustoff, Calphalon/etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)