AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nh3 side dress applicator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 12/6/2018 19:05 (#7153865 - in reply to #7153479)
Subject: RE: Nh3 side dress applicator

Morris, IL
Seems guys either have no trouble sealing sidedress NH3 and can’t understand how one could ever have trouble. Or can’t seal and understand just how tough it can be.

I am in the later. For me certain fields that we call more gombo or tight soils are problem, I know that is relative trust me some is very tight ground.

I run 11 knife 30” and really don’t see where end row is any worse or better to be honest. Don’t see where adjusting rate makes much difference either.

Sometimes the sprayer track is bad wants to slice through soil rather then shatter. I have run sidedress moles and regular moles and don’t see lot of difference.

Sometimes when first turn it on is terrible then gets better. Most of time just spots in field. Of course where any water sat or somewhere is worse.

Funny thing smell and how it looks to be sealing isn’t good judge of how bad will burn, have smoked fields were not bad at all and not even hurt corn I was sick about when sidedressing.

Interesting what other says about disk openers I am willing to try about anything and I could use something pulls easier and can cover more ground. Few have said weld log chain on shanks I will probably try that. Thought of dual tubes on every row try lower pressure at shank. Or bigger hose don’t know if anyone does that.

Relative had a 3 shank skip bar he pulled with 4440 on singles and planted with 6 row 30” planter. Loved that setup no shanks in tires no shifting tank worked like a charm.

Sidedress NH3 keeps yielding so I keep trying new stuff. Yeah I get that “do you run sealers” a lot, lol, no didn’t think of that! We can’t run NH3 without sealers ever.

Edited by NEILFarmer 12/6/2018 19:11

(EEC9A95C-7456-43D1-8011-04A54C876927 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments EEC9A95C-7456-43D1-8011-04A54C876927 (full).jpeg (160KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)