AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combined some wetttt beans today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tomcat
Posted 12/6/2018 06:52 (#7152339 - in reply to #7152136)
Subject: RE: Combined some wetttt beans today

Ludington/Manistee MI area
davpal - 12/6/2018 01:11

Forcast? HA. That's funny. If you have a forecast you can count on after thursday I'm actually happy for you. We haven't had a "normal" fall around here this year. I saw a county guy mowing roadsides the other day and his brushog was packed with snow! We've never had beans with snow on them until this year. Not once but many times. Snow, slight freeze, thaw, rain, thaw,snow, light freeze, snow, rain etc. Has made harvest season miserable around here. It's to the point where 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. It's in the fourth quarter and we're at the two minute warning. Time to pull out all the stops and throw a bomb for the endzone!

I could count on one hand the days bean harvest that were ideal. Ran a lot of sketchy days including some while it was snowing. Amazingly beans are off. Been watching the forecast like a hawk to wrap up corn. Been watching 4 forecasts and getting 4 different stories. I’ve also noticed the 7 day looks decent usually but gets crappier the closer it gets. One perfect day would put a fork in corn for me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)