AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ashby mn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

purplepride0
Posted 12/5/2018 07:25 (#7149904 - in reply to #7149856)
Subject: RE: ashby mn

West Central MN (between MMF and Larson's)
Illinois Steve - 12/5/2018 07:08

My experience on boards has been different. When I served on a school board at least one member reviewed all bills and invoices for the month. I personally reviewed monthly bills and bank statements when I served on our church's board of elders. The cooperative board I served on did not review bills per se every month but complete financials were presented each month which included income statements and balance sheets. I was also paid for that job. Not much mind you but we were paid for each meeting. If people are serving on these types of board and not receiving this kind of information they are not doing their jobs. They need to be asking more questions. If the Superintendents and Managers don't want to give you that information they need to look for another job. They work for you.

There was no 3rd party validation of what the crook presented, that’s the main problem. I’m sure he presented some dandy looking books to the board.

No outside audit, no physical weigh up, no getting up on an actual bin and verifying volumes is where the board screwed up.
Trust but verify....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)