AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chewy cookie question. ..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

560farms
Posted 12/4/2018 09:53 (#7147875)
Subject: Chewy cookie question. ..

western mn
Hey, ever since I found out that I've got Celiac disease, I've been experimenting with making good dessert cakes and cookies that the whole family will eat, and I can honestly tell you that I will never flavor a cake with straight grape kool-aid without sugar, I was trying to make a pb&j cake, with peanut butter in the layers, but the grape was so tart, sour sour skittles cake is what I got...switching gears, I tried a cookie recipe with ground up cereal for most of the flour, and it tasted good, but the center was really kinda soft, so I thought I'd check here to see if there are any tricks, or tweeks I could try so here's my first recipe attempt... 12 oz cereal, 1/2 cup gf cake mix, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 4 eggs, 1/4 cup oil, 4tsp butter, and 1/2 cup milk, with a hint of almond extract.. Mixed up and baked for 22 minutes at 350... The cereal was a vanilla oreo cookie, so the vanilla taste was good, but like I said, the center was a little chewy, so if I bake em longer I'm afraid it will just burn the outside, so should I cut back on the egg by one, or less oil since the cereal probably has some in it, or maybe change cooking time, gluten free seems to the longer cooking time, that's why I kept it at 350 over the 400 I could've set the oven at... any advice is welcome, because after that grape cake experience, my taste testers are kinda leary... ha ha... thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)