AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trump and Xi Jinping had a good dinner last night!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmer4321
Posted 12/2/2018 07:05 (#7142289 - in reply to #7142219)
Subject: RE: I don't know about a resolution but......

I don't know about a resolution but I'm cautiously optimistic.

From :https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/01/us-china-wont-impose-additional-tariffs-after-january-1-report.html Meanwhile, "China will agree to purchase a not yet agreed upon, but very substantial, amount of agricultural, energy, industrial, and other product from the United States to reduce the trade imbalance between our two countries. China has agreed to start purchasing agricultural product from our farmers immediately," the White House said.

I'll be more optimistic when I read a Export Sales Notice Monday saying, " Private exporters report more than 200,000 MT of soybean sales to China."

If that's the case now we'll find out just how much soybeans are really worth. I suspect that we'll find out that soybeans are worth at least 50-60 cents more than the current $8.90, maybe a little less depending on how the river reacts.

Whatever the case, I suspect that with GM's announcement last week (with plant closings & layoffs), Trump finally looked into the abyss and decided not to jump.

As for all those fellows who sold beans last week, it's too bad but if I had had beans to sell I probably would have done it myself.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)