AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beans up the limit?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 12/1/2018 22:24 (#7142028 - in reply to #7141931)
Subject: RE: 2019 beans may go lower... then I think 2019 gets interesting

Fontanelle, IA
North America (Canada and US) bean growers are going to get hit over the head based upon this "massive" and early crop of beans currently growing in South America once this China/US optimism "pop" occurs. Yes, I am rooting for the pop/ not rooting for the hit over the head part.

J P and other technicians have mentioned that we may have new lows coming in 2019. I'm just a dumb farmer so I am only going to prognosticate that lows will be early for the 2019 crop.

Seed bean quality is a BIG deal in my mind. And ****ty quality beans across the corn belt are going to get planted in wetter than the past few year's typical conditions. I don't think that this is a recipe for record or trend line yields. But, I don't know crap.... Just like a super-stressed baby calf born in a cold wet rain/ snowy mix experiences a performance loss throughout the remainder of its life....

Yet - I am also well aware that most of us are really tired of the sky is falling crop killing syndrome. Wouldn't it be ironic if Brazil got flooded with 25-30% of the crop year's rain right about the time of harvest.... just like we did in Iowa/MN/SD/NE and all parts western corn belt.

Nature is the equalizer.

Edited by Baby Robin 12/1/2018 22:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)