AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are your expectation of a trade deal with China...What does success look like.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 12/1/2018 15:45 (#7141004 - in reply to #7140344)
Subject: RE: What are your expectation of a trade deal with China...What does success look like.

SW WI
Deere6, we are in different phases of life....you are full of youthful optimism, which is great. Trying to build something yourself and probably feel you can work out any setback that comes your way.
My wife and I can’t complain of where we are now compared to where we started. We want to hang onto what we’ve built. With that said....and with all due respect....how does your dad feel about this trade situation? Would you say he identifies more with my ideas ( I feel like I’ve been more of a “patriot” than others in this trade spat and really resent being asked to sacrifice more that I have played by the rules and worked hard for) or does he identify with you ( gotta do it and man up for future generations benefit)

Where someone stands on this issue sort of reminds me of the yearly argument of setting aside x amount of your acres for the betterment of price for everyone. It is always met with a reply of “good idea” followed by the set in stone phrase of “um, you first”

All in all I agree something should of been done a long time ago, the issues do not fall on deaf ears for me..but..take an easy, even covert approach to this...not a sledgehammer. So many things come to mind...be smarter than your enemy, also know your enemy.

I just can’t help but feel if I talk to you in 30 yrs you might have different views than you do now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)