AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are your expectation of a trade deal with China...What does success look like.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 12/1/2018 11:32 (#7140468 - in reply to #7140363)
Subject: RE: Hey numbers in case you didn't read it 7150 has the answer

7150 - 12/1/2018 10:55
It’s time for them to play a little more fair with the world and they know they can only move forward.

But . . . we have the right man at the helm. Trump knows he can get a little something, but he must do 3 things:
1) Not push too much

2) Give Xi a way to save face in these negotiations.

3) stop their currency manipulation.

But I AM a dumb farmer. What do I know...

Bottom line: Only the US can provide all the food and protein they need to keep their populace happy.

This is exactly right. Trump isn't a politician and is interested in a mutually beneficial deal since you can't have a deal without it (ie: politicians do things like the ww2 versailles treaty). Certainly everyone wants to "save face", but that's part of eastern "boiler plate" language and has to be a goal. Currency manipulation will likely be the big item since it's more practical to control by the central gov't. IP is a tough one and I'm not sure China has a handle on what's going on, but they can start down the road to 'normal trade". As 7150 points out moving forward is the goal and I think it's how Trump is working things out with NK. Telling folks that they must bend to our will or we will incinerate their country isn't very effective.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)