AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are your expectation of a trade deal with China...What does success look like.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 12/1/2018 10:55 (#7140363 - in reply to #7140072)
Subject: RE: What are your expectation of a trade deal with China...What does success look like.

The intellectual theft MUST stop. It hurts everyone, even us farmers. And... how many times have we seen our grain cargoes cancelled in route to crash the market, screw our exporters and screw American farmers just because China wanted to buy at a lower price. Who else can renig on their contracts and get away with it time after time. I’m not OK with that.

I remember before Nixon went to China, they were a closed, mysterious society with hundreds of millions of starving people. After Nixon and the re-acquisition of Hong Kong, a switch was flipped and they now have unleashed a form of government dictated capitalism that has enriched their massive populace that is now accustomed to entrepreneurship and having food on the table. Not even the Chinese government can walk that one backwards.

It’s time for them to play a little more fair with the world and they know they can only move forward.

But . . . we have the right man at the helm. Trump knows he can get a little something, but he must do 3 things:
1) Not push too much

2) Give Xi a way to save face in these negotiations.

3) stop their currency manipulation.

But I AM a dumb farmer. What do I know...

Bottom line: Only the US can provide all the food and protein they need to keep their populace happy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)