AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Putin Wants the Protein Trade
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Happy First Timer
Posted 11/30/2018 14:04 (#7138485 - in reply to #7138297)
Subject: RE: And he's not the only one.

I will start by saying that I am a supporter of President Trump. I voted for him.

However, anyone that does not think this tariff situation is not going to have long term consequences for U.S. agriculture has their head buried in the sand. All this tariff has done so far in my opinion is caused a lot of people in agriculture across this country to loose millions of dollars. Yes, you will get some of it back with the fsa money this year. But long term, damage has and is being done in many ways.

There are countries out there just like Russia that are vying for a piece of the agricultural market in China. Everyday this continues, dozers are clearing land, hog and chicken barns are being built and infrastructure to move the commodity is being developed. Once those things are in place, it will be a permanent change that will take a major catastrophic event to bring the Chinese buyers back to the United States. We have opened a can of worms that we will never fully get the lid back on. Worse part is the ones paying the price is the American farmers. The folks in the general u.s. population will never feel an ounce of pain because farmers will always keep a cheap robust food supply in the country.

I got to go, auctioneer is finally calling me back.

Edited by Happy First Timer 11/30/2018 14:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)