AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble EZ GUIDE 500 RTK w/ GX450?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dogface1SG
Posted 12/1/2018 07:41 (#7139909 - in reply to #7138889)
Subject: RE: Trimble EZ GUIDE 500 RTK w/ GX450?

NW Ohio
The Parani SD1000 is what I have used in the past.

There was a post back on 11/13/2018 a user, Papa Gene, asked about a different one. He posted this link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-RS232-RS-232-Adapter-Serial-Exter...

Very good price vs the Parani so I bought one to test. The only thing I wish it had was it's own software for setup like the Parani. You have to use terminal software to configure it (windows HyperTerminal or Tera Term would be examples) You need to setup the baud rate with this

Otherwise, it can receive its power from pin 9 which lets you plug it directly into the serial port of the 500. Get Lance's NTRIP app on your phone, pair your phone with the BT device, a CORS network account if you do not have one already, and set your NTRIP settings into it. Voila, RTK

BTW, you should put some sort of location in your profile. For instance, myself, NW Ohio

Also, I added the instructions for the unit above that tell you how to change baud rate with terminal software.

Also, I forget exactly what settings need changed in the 500. Somewhere in the RTK settings you have to set the matching baud for your serial port.

Edited by Dogface1SG 12/1/2018 07:47

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bluetooth_RS-232_adapter_user_manual_V2.7.pdf (199KB - 330 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)