AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trump administration: "We have a problem!!" EPA will not Reallocate ILLEGALLY Waived Biofuels.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SDnotiller
Posted 11/29/2018 10:25 (#7135689 - in reply to #7135568)
Subject: RE: No ethanol exports?

Central South Dakota
ntexcotton - 11/29/2018 09:31

Eia data says there is. Over 33,000,000 barrels in 2017. That's a lot of ethanol. Most ethanol is exported to the Americas. I'll be darned, that's where we get most our crude oil imported from. Then there is Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Kuwait, Iraq, united Arab Emirates, turkey, yemen, egypt, ect, all locations that US ethanol is imported into. Then we add south korea, the Phillipines, india, all importers of US ethanol with US naval protection. Even Isreal imports US ethanol.

Ya, it sure looks like the US military has done nothing to keep shipping lanes open for 100s of millions of dollars of US ethanol.

Does the ship captain hauling US ethanol into the Persian Gulf stop the navy and tell them to go away? I'm just curious. I doubt it though.

Ethanol is not going to replace crude oil anytime soon, either. So using the fact that there is a military presence there to justify why we need to help ethanol is a moot point. It's going to be there anyway. The Middle East is quite peaceful I'm sure, just that damn oil that makes everything volatile****
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)