AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8320R Trimble RTK Wandering
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/28/2018 08:23 (#7133085 - in reply to #7133061)
Subject: RE: 8320R Trimble RTK Wandering

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
co2shaun - 11/28/2018 08:09

Open the diagnostics menu for the autopilot and take a look at what it is showing for a steering angle. You could have a short/break somewhere cause the steering angle to be off. Normally happens in the grey stub cable right before the auto sense angle sensor.

I had Trimble Autopilots (Nav IIs) on a couple of tractors. One was with an Insight and the other with a Trimble 750. I had problems with the short grey stub cable mentioned above. In my case an error message indicating voltage out of range always appeared. I made an extension so the grey cable could be tied down so it didn't need to flex. The wires inside the short grey stub cable are very fragile. This seemed to help. One of those units used Omnistar XP for several years with good results. Later Omni seemed more problematic for me and others in my area. I was advised to jump ship.

I have since gone with Ag Leader SteerCommands and use TerraStar on one. The other two just use WAAS as I don't want to pay for subscriptions for them. I am very happy with the results.

Edited by tedbear 11/28/2018 11:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)