AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

30 hp phase converter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 11/27/2018 20:48 (#7132274 - in reply to #7132147)
Subject: RE: 30 hp phase converter

Glenwood, Mn
Yes! 15 amps @240v. CNC spindles start easy and dont take much amperage at all to maintain. Running 12k rpm on our mitsubishi VMC only takes 2 amps. That’s a 10 hp spindle but you never use it all. The damn toolchanger takes 5 amps though.

The single biggest consumption in our shop is the single phase air compressor. That is literally half the light bill.

Manual equipment typically starts a little harder. So figure your full hp rating for start. Unless you are really pushing it i doubt you will be over 50% running. So basically if you can start you lathe first and thevrest later you will be fine.

Of course the only down side to having a bigger one than you need is cost up front. Idling they take a little more juice but you are talking pennies per hour. If you are just running it a couple hours a day having a 30 hp is reasonable.

You could build your own but the cost of a premade american rotory makes just buying one attractive. We do have one at my uncles to run the metal worker. Seems to work great.

Go over to practical machinist and soak your brain. Those guys have been there.... done that!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)