AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Folks say they want this forum to be marketing again, then lets do it. I have a question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

humblefarmer
Posted 11/25/2018 18:44 (#7127302 - in reply to #7126464)
Subject: RE: Folks say they want this forum to be marketing again, then lets do it. I have a question

indiana
I hate to ask for a 2019 corn price that you would start selling at ? I pretty sure you have offered it a few times before. I tend to think I might want to sell beans and be patient on the corn. You have a decent track record so my thoughts are probably off the mark. I am scared that when a trade deal is agreed upon so we can lift these tariffs , that it will be the old buy the rumor sell the fact. But maybe the beans trade sideways and don't tank like I think they could.

What are my risks? No end to the tariffs. Crops left standing in the field aren't a total loss so burdensome carry outs don't shrink much if any. Decent spring weather so a ton of corn is planted regardless of the poor 2018 harvest conditions. Good yields in 2019 , both here and South America so regardless of acres we still have too damn much. A higher percentage of farmers are in trouble(than I think) and bankers are calling the crop mix more the market prices. We run short of alcohol , drinkable , so I can't self medicate!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)