AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Folks say they want this forum to be marketing again, then lets do it. I have a question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 11/25/2018 11:38 (#7126389)
Subject: Folks say they want this forum to be marketing again, then lets do it. I have a question

EC SoDak
What is everyone’s plan for pricing/hedging the remaining 18 crop and next years 19 crop?

I’m still a bit gun shy hedging next years Soy crop, looking for some folks thoughts on that one. We have a mountain of beans to chew through, so I’m not feeling great the market will too hot. I’ve got about 15% of 19 corn hedged at an average around 4.05, with a roll will hopefully net me around $4 cash. My 18 Soy is all priced and gone. My remaining corn bushels will likely be hedged to July19 which is at 3.85 currently, with expected basis appreciation they’ll end up around 3.50 cash.

Edit to add, we froze really early up here 4-6” of frost. Next spring will be interesting with all the corn ground that didn’t get worked. Got going really early on mine and most everything got worked, but it meant the disk didn’t stop for days on end.

Edited by SoDak Farms 11/25/2018 11:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)