AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

uhm.. excuse me but was my post deleted?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/25/2018 10:59 (#7126316 - in reply to #7126309)
Subject: RNG to Ethanol.. Ethanol to Low Carbon Cali Market..

If the Moderators will allow me some time to make the connection here.. I will enlighten some who read this board..

".. one of the big objections to corn ethanol is the use of "fossil" natural gas to process it. Renewable natural gas eliminates that objection and would dramatically shift the energy balance in favor of corn ethanol. 
I wouldn't be surprised if you put digestors alongside of all those hog barns in the Midwest, you could eliminate most of the "fossil" natural gas need to make corn ethanol."

There is a biodigestor going in locally.. a big one.. on the scale of tens of millions of investment.  Suddenly former CRP grass has a NEW MARKET.. instead of tearing out.. and fertilizing to compete with Wheat (poverty grass) grown in the Black Sea region.. you can leave the GRASS as IS.. Harvest it every so often.. and sell the Hunting rights.. which alone will probably NET you MORE $$$ than growing Wheat..

the Grass and other stover goes to a Biodigestor.. where it is made into Renewable Natural Gas..

the RNG is shipped down the line to the ethanol plant which ours JUST OBTAINED it's Low Carbon Standard certification to sell into the CALIFORNIA Market which is $$$..

now we are going to push dryland sorghum.. in lieu of poverty grass.. into a Low Carbon Market.. and bank $$$ vs trying to out compete the Black Sea region in wheat.

There.. that's the Marketing page tie in.. and the REASONS WHY it is occuring.

of course if this thread gets deleted.. you will not be reading this.

My Great Grandfather was a Senator in the Kansas Senate.. he served as a Democrat.. something my family reminds me of from time to time.. if the Democrats want to "play ball"  I'm listening..

"so.. how would this low carbon thingy work..  Since Pruitt et all burned us at the RFS.. what is YOUR SOLUTION?"

If the Dem's want to flip ethanol country.. this is How they COULD do it...??

(note to D's.. I'm still a registered R.. so.. flip me if you can.. but.. as my family can concur.. I'm not easily persuaded.."

then again.. Kansas just elected a Democrat Governor and and Democratic Congressman.. 

"flash in the pan... or the start of a trend...???"

Edited by JonSCKs 11/25/2018 11:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)