AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Military truck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

reedfarmer
Posted 11/24/2018 15:09 (#7124818 - in reply to #7124342)
Subject: RE: Military truck

Eastern Arkansas
I have 2. I love them, have run them for 5 years and just put tires and some small stuff on them. Did put a turbo on one this year but it was $600 new. They can be found but not near as cheap as they were 5 years ago. The one you are looking for is a M915. That is the one that is a regular semi with a big cam 3 @ 400 hp. They are 12 and 24 volt. I converted mine to straight 12v.

I also have an m931 which is a 6x6 5 Ton with a fifth wheel. It has a non turbo cummins NHC 250. It is not near as comfortable or powerful as a m915. It also has wedge brakes. I use it to pull a water trailer and lowboy. I will hook it to a hopper bottom in a pinch, but it is not ideal. If you get one of these you will have to put a lower profile 5th wheel to use it and get a box to convert the 24v trailer plug to 12v. You can convert your trailer lights to led and not use a box but the trailer cannot have ABS.

Look all over the internet for them. Govplanet has the contract to sell them straight from the military. A lot of people buy them out of surplus and realize they don’t really need a semi truck in the driveway so they list them various places.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)