AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thanksgiving dinner review of soybean tariffs from a macro commodity hedger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

roarintiger1
Posted 11/23/2018 15:28 (#7123082 - in reply to #7122895)
Subject: RE: Who really knows?

NW Ohio
farmer4321 - 11/23/2018 12:47

A week ago, I thought there was a chance that trump might recognize how close he is to a major recession and pull back from the brink. I don't think that way anymore given his latest attack on Huawei telecom.
Trump says this: “I can say this, China wants to make a deal very badly - because of the tariffs,” Trump told reporters in the town of Palm Beach in Florida."
But then there's this: "Washington said on Tuesday China had failed to alter its “unfair” practices at the heart of the dispute, in an update of the U.S. Trade Representative’s “Section 301” investigation into its intellectual property and technology transfer policies."
Ask yourself, if China wants to make deal so badly, why doesn't it "alter its "unfair" practices"?
The fact is, if trump continues to raise tariffs, he will push this country and the world into a recession and any chance he and the Republicans have of winning re-election will be gone.
As for where do people think that "China has to buy US soybeans", I don't know where they get that idea. At the moment, US soybeans are embargoed by the Chinese government, the Chinese merchants couldn't buy them if they wanted to.
What happens if the Chinese run short of beans, they don't starve, they just eat less meat and pay more for it. That's not something they can't tolerate or would take to the barricades to change in the short term.
And anyways, they are still loading soybeans in Brazil, may fewer soybeans but they're still loading them nonetheless.

It's obvious that you truly do not understand China's years of trade advantages. And.....don't worry, most Americans don't either.

Edited by roarintiger1 11/23/2018 15:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)