AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Family means nothing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Cat33
Posted 11/23/2018 21:25 (#7123713 - in reply to #7123443)
Subject: RE: Family means nothing

NE SD
Hereford Guy - 11/23/2018 19:25

davpal - 11/23/2018 05:50

What's really sad about political arguments is that in the long run neither one of your beliefs are going to change anything happening in Washington Dc and really don't mean s#it. People posture up and get all bent out of shape arguing about what's going on and they're really not doing anything to change it anyway. Just blowing off steam about things you have no control over. If my relatives ever get going about politics I always tell them to worry about what's going on at their own house and in their own 5 digit zip code area and quit worrying about the entire USA and world events. Some of the policital events going on affect us about as much as something that's happening on Mars.

Except that politics covers some pretty sensitive issues. Probably not going to change anything but at the same time, people's political beliefs get carried over into their beliefs about abortion, gun control, religion, gay marriage and everything else under the sun. Makes it hard to have a conversation with someone who stands for the exact opposite of everything you do about anything but the weather.

Talk about other things.

Believe what you want, let them believe what they want. If somebody wants to start a political conversation about whatever the overblown issue of the day is, and I know anything I say will start an argument because I already know their views, I just say I'm not talking politics. Now if it's somebody that I couldn't care less about ticking off, then I'll talk all the politics they want and not care one bit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)