AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PMM and Liquid Module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/23/2018 08:03 (#7122487 - in reply to #7121592)
Subject: RE: PMM and Liquid Module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It is possible and very common to connect many Ag Leader modules to the CAN bus at the same time. This usually involves using one of their "Tees" (see picture below) and a CAN cable to connect the next module in a daisy chain fashion. For example on my planter/tractor combination, there is the CAN switch box in the tractor, a Clutch Control Module, Seed Tube Monitoring Module, Liquid Product Control Module, Application Rate Module and most recently a Down Force Monitoring Module.

With the exception of the switch box module, these modules are all physically mounted on the rear of the planter. Several CAN tees and short interconnecting cables are used to connect these all together. The last tee has a terminator on the unused branch of the last Tee. Note in the next post the pictures of the CAN plug and the CAN terminator. The CAN plug is just a dust plug to protect an unused branch. The terminator contains two pins which are connected by a resistor. It is used on the last Tee in a chain.

Having more modules connected than you may actually be using for an operation is not a problem as long as the correct number and type of modules called for in the configuration are present. By this I mean that in your case, it would not be necessary to remove the liquid module when planting if it is not being used there. Be aware that if you do want to use the PMM and Liquid Module both at the same time that the Multi-product unlock would be required.

Another example for my planter, the Application Rate module is used with starter fertilizer for corn planting but not used when planting soybeans. When I switch to soybeans it is not necessary to disconnect the Application Rate Module although I could. Because I'm working with seed, fertilizer and spray all at the same time, I do need the Multi-product unlock.

In your case with multiple modules, it may be necessary to purchase an extra Tee and short cable. The attached picture shows the Tee that I have been referring in the lower right. This allows the module to be connected but yet "continue on" to another module. Ag Leader generally includes line drawings with modules showing this.

Edited by tedbear 11/23/2018 08:23

(TedsAIM (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments TedsAIM (full).JPG (111KB - 61 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)