AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hog guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

happyfarmer
Posted 11/22/2018 13:32 (#7121391 - in reply to #7119518)
Subject: Haven’t talked to u lately JP......

Casey Iowa
Hope central IA yields were decent enough for u this year......It was a bit of a crap shoot on ground and weather conditions all over IA this year. We drove to Ft. Dodge quite a bit from down here west of DM and there was a lot of differences in crops the whole way up and down throughout the summer.

Anyway I’m with U I believe on the part u mention about maybe not being to gung-ho about selling beans early this year.......I remember when I started farming full-time around 2001 and I ran per acre cost on soybeans and asked my dad why are we planting soybeans???.....we r gonna lose at least $50 an acre or more!! Now this wasn’t that long ago, but it was when $50 an acre loss would have big repurcussions.....well low & behold somehow we raked thru those 3 years making $30-$50 an acre because combinations of lower yields elsewhere & higher prices and different combinations.....so I guess the moral of my rambling is sometimes when times look really bad.....just take a deep breath and see things thru and it might just turn out ok.....

Also, I have been doing lots of “simple” charting this year and have been pleased.....maybe someday I will improve my longer term charting....keep up the good work and thoughts JP & have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)