AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Purchased vs preparad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 11/22/2018 08:59 (#7120946 - in reply to #7120465)
Subject: RE: Purchased vs preparad

North Central Illinois
Yes we tried that sort of thing a couple of times several years ago. It sounded good. Less stress, prep time, cleanup, etc. My wife was still working at the time and nobody else volunteered to host so we thought why not give it a shot? The turkey itself was actually pretty good but the side dishes were small and not all that great. So we tried it again the next year but supplemented the sides by making extra of our own. While we were eating it registered with me that it really isn’t that much more work to cook the entire meal ourselves. So we abandoned the ready to serve meal from the grocery store. Last year we had a lot going on around thanksgiving and my wife announced we were going out to eat. A group of about ten of us went to a local steakhouse that was serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I think it was like $14 a person and it was excellent! It worked so good we are doing it again this year. No shopping, preparation, cleanup, and the best part is no endless leftovers. I like leftovers but who really needs to eat stuffing and gravy for a week afterward?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)