AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

School Me On This Ag Leader Stuff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/21/2018 09:36 (#7119204 - in reply to #7119036)
Subject: RE: School Me On This Ag Leader Stuff

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
delta1860 - 11/21/2018 08:17

I will tell you since you have a R series JD tractor the autosteer is done through ISO and Deere charges the customer to unlock the steering valve for third party autosteer systems.

Yes and there is also an unlock fee to Ag Leader which I guess ends up going to Deere through Ag Leader. I had to pay for both of these when I had a GeoSteer installed on my 8310R. Later I upgraded to to SteerCommand. The unlock in the tractor through Deere works with that so that part was fine. I did have to pay for the unlock in the Ag Leader side again since I upgraded from an Integra to an InCommand 1200. When I complained that I had already paid that fee once, the reply was that money had already been paid to Deere and that I needed to pay it again.

I wasn't excited about paying it in the first place let alone a second time. I did receive some other considerations which helped.

The steering system does work very well through the Deere ISO bus. The AB line is set on the Ag Leader display. Steering can be engaged either with the onscreen icon or the Deere AutoSteer switch which is what would be used with a pure Deere system. Steering can be disengaged various ways but I generally just grab the wheel and start turning myself which disengages it like other systems. The system engages steering when the momentary switch is pushed rather than when it is released like some other systems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)