AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Here is what I'm looking for.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 11/20/2018 11:15 (#7117231 - in reply to #7117206)
Subject: RE: Here is what I'm looking for.

JC STONE - 11/20/2018 11:01

Ok fair enough, I'm with you somewhat on 2019 grown crops. However what do we do with unpriced 2018 stuff? That's where timing is critical.

I guess I don't understand. If you passed on last year's opportunity, and you passed on the recent ones...again at the risk of sound like a pompass azz - that we told you that best opportunity for 4 to 5 months was going to be in a recent certain window in corn before the carry escalator kicked in and price would most likely challenge the recent lows into spring and if you needed to catch up sales that was where to do it. If you passed on those, price is horizontal, and wants to continue that for time so pick your places you want to make sale with in that context and take care of business. Otherwise, you have no choice but wait for next year's rally - or take your beating. I think beans are going to make another run at the recent failed swing high...again that's its job...555 you listening? After that we run the risk that we make new lows as we attempt to tidy up things. Will be really interesting to see how it all turns out for sure.

Edit to add...At least here the basis has been narrowing up quickly. Current bid at the ethanol plant is a couple cents narrower than last winters best public bid.

Take care

Edited by J P 11/20/2018 11:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)