AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

World soy exports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Happy First Timer
Posted 11/18/2018 12:18 (#7112845 - in reply to #7112520)
Subject: RE: World soy exports

Brazil still does not have the ability to move beans down a river system through the heart of their grain belt. They still do not have an interstate system as complex as ours nor do they have a railroad as diverse as ours. Will they get there one day??? I am sure if the Chinese invest enough money in their infrastructure they will. The Chinese paying $10 a bushel for beans overthere will certainly improve the speed at which some of those things are accomplished. Dont forget to throw in a trucker strike a couple times a year and then their supply becomes a lot less reliable.

We have lost market share to them and will continue to do so at a much faster rate the longer the tariffs stay in place.

When the tariffs first started I figured it would last a few months them get ironed out. Unfortunately for us in agriculture, that hasnt been the case.

As far as not buying their cheap junk, I agree 100 percent. Unfortunately the everyday american has come to rely on that cheap crap. If we are truly in a trade war, I prefer to take the nuclear option and ban 100%of their imports to our country and see how that works for them and their economy. The longer we wait to do it, the more time they have to devalue their currency and find other buyers of their junk to lessen the blow of an all out American ban. Drop the hammer I say.

Edited by Happy First Timer 11/18/2018 12:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)