AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

microsoft is stealing from me again ......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ktululives
Posted 11/17/2018 16:09 (#7111275 - in reply to #7110323)
Subject: RE: microsoft is stealing from me again ......

Probably not the response you're looking for, but several years back I got fed up with Windows and switched to Linux. There is a bit of a learning curve, not near as bad as it used to be. By and far hardware support is better than Windows, if I do a fresh install, wireless usually works without having to install drivers, I plug in my printer and it works without having to install drivers. There are exceptions, I used to have a laptop that I always had trouble getting wifi to work on, but everything I have now works from the start. I don't use any specialized software (mostly just internet, spreadsheet/word processor, email, etc) and Linux can do all that fine, and I've always had great success with it doing what I set it up to do - for example I have it set up to only update when I manually tell it to, and I can even update program by program, for example I keep firefox updated and install any critical security patches, anything else I tend to ignore.

I've used a number of different varieties of Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, Linux Mint, Debian and a few others, Ubuntu is hands down the most beginner friendly of the bunch, and I become more staunch in my giving up of Windows when you read things like them tricking/forcing people into upgrading to Windows 10 and that your computer sends data back to M$ about almost everything you do or see on your computer. It's something to consider, anyway.

Edited by ktululives 11/17/2018 16:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)