AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is my dad lying to me?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 11/18/2018 09:00 (#7112466 - in reply to #7109923)
Subject: RE: Is my dad lying to me?

North Central Illinois
It slays me how in this day of scamming and internet fraud that people continue to put personal information out on the internet. We preach to our young people to be careful what you post on social media, don't give out personal information, and so forth. Yet because this is an ag based website and board some people somehow think those rules don't apply. We would like to think that on a board like this that the people are all well meaning and honest but all it takes is someone that just happens to stumble in here to start poking around and looking for little tid bits to use against someone somehow. Is it likely? Probably not but why take the chance?

As to your original questions I have no idea if you are serious or not. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are an honest guy with an honest question. I guess if I were in your shoes and had my education and a good paying career I wouldn't worry too much about what Dad's finances are like unless it is having a negative impact somehow on your life. I'm sure a time will come when you will be brought into the loop and things will become clearer regarding the finances of your mom and dad. As someone else suggested there are way too many variables to give you a definitive answer as to what your father might be making a year. Suffice to say if the dirt is as good as you say and your father owns that much land free and clear with no machinery debt he is probably doing very well. That doesn't necessarily mean his bank account is overflowing with millions either. He may be giving a very large amount of money to charity or he may be deferring a lot of income into some kind of fund to pay for long term care down the line or just a nice comfortable retirement. On the other hand he could have several million in the bank and he just doesn't want you to know about it so you will work hard on your own and not just sit back and wait for your cut of the big payout. Whatever the case you are in a great position. You have a successful career going and your mom and dad probably don't have any financial worries so life is good. Live your life and enjoy it and things will sort themselves out on their own someday. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)