AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is my dad lying to me?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 11/16/2018 19:54 (#7109936 - in reply to #7109714)
Subject: RE: Is my dad lying to me?

Frytown, Iowa
There have been many posts over the years like this one that are essentially trolls just trying to stir the pot and ruffle feathers which is why you are getting responses like you are. Your parents have a mentality of frugality which was necessary to get to the point where they are now. To pay for 700 ac prime soil even if it was passed down from a previous generation at a discount required LOTS of sacrifice financially and it burned into your parents as a lifestyle. Your dad takes pride in his older equipment because it treats him well, does what he wants, and he knows how to service it as well as minimal depreciation.

This business is no doubt so cutthroat you won’t get anywhere in Ag without a real opportunity presenting itself. Even then a person can screw that up. The worst thing your dad could do is paint ag as a huge money maker even though that’s where he’s at. Because he owns it all it’s completely different financial situation than anyone in ag. Really he’s just averaging up all those previous years of poor incomes from earlier years.

There is so much more to say on this thread I can’t type it all on my dinky phone. Your parents are not poor they are frugal. Being frugal is not bad just like being poor isn’t bad. They view money as security, you might tend to view money as a means to pleasure. One view is always content the other is always longing for the next pleasure.

He’s probably making north of $300k but like I said before he’s averaging his careers income out for all the 10-25k income years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)