AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bluetooth serial adapter for Trimble 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Artic
Posted 11/14/2018 12:08 (#7105295 - in reply to #7105200)
Subject: RE: Bluetooth serial adapter for Trimble 500

Instead of a fixed IP-number You can also use dynamic domain name (DDNS) service. There are several low-cost or free options for that. noip.com and others. You just have to learn to set your net router firewall to forward the requested ports (typically 2101 for NTRIP-service) to the right pc on your own local network.

So what does the DDNS service do?
You can there define your own net-address (URL) something like "myownurl.ddns.net" or "papagenertk.noip.com" and this DDNS service will direct the incoming connections to this written address to your non-fixed IP.
Just make sure that DDNS service can be used with your internet connection and that your router supports DDNS.

And what does the router port forwarding do?
A connection requesting for RTK correction stream comes from outside to your router (eg. "papagenertk.noip.com:2101") -> it will forward it to your pc running the caster software in your LAN (typically 192.168.1.xxx ) which will then start streaming corrections to your NTRIP-Client app on your device in the tractor...

Free NTRIP caster software like SNIP (use-snip.com) can be used. It will run on an office computer, but might not be a bad idea to have a dedicated pc for it as using things like internet bank connection on office pc may block the outgoing NTRIP correction stream.

Hardware requirements are minimal. An older pc (with Windows or Ubuntu Linux) will do. I myself prefer silent fanless energy efficient ones, which can be left running without any screen etc...
Connecting Base-receiver to Snip cater is flexible. Both serial and ethernet connections can be used.

It's not a rocket science but takes a small learning curve. So it is best to start learning well before the planting season starts.
And I'm sure that many of us here in NAT can help You...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)