AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pretty sure I'm planning to go on a diet after the holidays. Suggestions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

tmrand
Posted 11/12/2018 07:48 (#7100740)
Subject: Pretty sure I'm planning to go on a diet after the holidays. Suggestions?

Southeast Colorado
I've never had big weight problems but I'm probably 30 to 40 lbs overweight and am 52 years old and 5'9". It has just been gradually building and I am finally tired of it. I'm right up against 200 lbs but have never tipped the scale at 200 yet. I hope that never happens.

I know there are about a zillion diet plans and theories but ultimately it seems as though you just need to know your own limitations. I have a weakness for sweets and my evening beer. I also realize I'm not nearly as active as I used to be. I know folks will say not to do it, but I think that for me some version of fasting would be my best choice. I don't think that portion control suits me well. I'm sort of used to eating erratic. Lots of times we only eat once a day and that may be the problem. Typically the wife (who works daily with me on the farm) and I don't get in until after dark and eat our meal and then go to bed. I think in order for me to be able to follow through with success, whatever I do needs to be black and white. Either a Nutri System type approach where I only eat what's in their box...........or a fasting period where I don't eat on Tuesday (or something similar).

Anyway..........I think I'm primarily putting this out here to commit myself to following through. I realize I'm saying after the holidays and that sounds a lot like a new year's resolution.....LOL! We just have a lot of extended family and big gatherings here during that period and I don't want to draw attention to myself. I'm up for hearing what has worked for other folks or thoughts you may have about this. Thanks.

Edited by tmrand 11/12/2018 07:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)