AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NE ILL Grade school Veterans Day program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/11/2018 20:07 (#7100115)
Subject: NE ILL Grade school Veterans Day program

Chebanse, IL.....

On Thursday, Nov 8, our local grade school held it's annual Veterans Day program. I think this was their 5th one, not sure though. It is really nice to see the kids & faculty spend a couple hours out of their day honoring local veterans. And, the word is getting around. I'd say we had a record number of veterans in attendance this year showing the kids that we do care & appreciate what they offer.

Though I attended grade school in the 1950s, I don't remember any veterans programs. We were just coming off WW2 & Korea at that time also. But now, there seems to be a new sense of patriotism locally & the kids are helping the show. I really do want to thank all the faculty, staff, and students on behalf of all local veterans, and of the Chebanse American Legion Post 408, which assisted in the event also. Each veteran in attendance was given the opportunity to introduce themselves & their respective branch of service.

It was drizzling and occasionally snowing for the program this year...and it was cold & windy. But, the couple hundred kids stayed outdoors & sang & listened to the brief program. We were all invited in to have breakfast with the kids. It was great. Attached are a couple of photos, but you can see more of them on my album if you're interested.

https://imageevent.com/lukowphotos/2018veteransdaychebansegradeschoo

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)