AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got shingles. How long this last?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 11/11/2018 19:36 (#7100021 - in reply to #7098895)
Subject: RE: Got shingles. How long this last?

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Jeff - 11/11/2018 09:30

Mark, Bruce........my wife and I each had the first of the two shot series for shingles. We were told there was a very wide window for the second shot, had to wait two months but we'd be fine if it was as far out as six months for the second shot. Luckily the second shot was on hand at the end of the two month period and we got it. I've seen what shingles does and I'd do what ever it takes to avoid getting it!

I got shingles about 5-6 years ago, that got into my eyes after the last of several eye operations. I wanted the old single shot shingles vaccination, but was told by my doctors that I could not have it until I was free of shingles symptoms for at least 1 year.
Since then I have had shingles attacks several times a year that always get in my eyes. With every attack I lose a little more vision..
This spring I was finally able to get the first dose of the new shingles vaccine which doctors say I can have. Again the vaccine supply's were non available until I was about 5-1/2 months after the first shot. Got the second shot a couple weeks ago. I have had no shingles attacks since getting that first shot last spring, so I hope that is the end of it. I only wish that new vaccination was available 6 years ago after that last eye operation. That last cataract operation restored me to near normal vision, better than I had been for 10 years. 2 days after that operation was the first shingles attack among many that have stolen all I gained plus much more. Maybe now I can keep what I have left, although it leaves me pretty useless to see / do anything small or drive.

Edited by Jon Hagen 11/11/2018 19:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)