AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tough chicken breast
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Original Greaser Bob
Posted 11/8/2018 09:22 (#7092506 - in reply to #7091912)
Subject: RE: Tough chicken breast

Altoona, WI
My wife and I were in the same boat up to about a year ago. Just could not find tender, juicy chicken breast. Restaurant chicken was almost always good. My wife is an awesome baker, but kind of mediocre cook. I finally did some googling and came to the conclusion that she was simply overcooking them. I have taken on more cooking recently and when I fix breasts, I either marinade or brine them and then use an instant read meat thermometer to cook them to 165F. I have not had a tough, dry chicken breast since. I have taught this to the wife and hers have gotten much better now too.

A simple brine can be made with water and salt. There are all kinds of marinades. Search for recipes. Either brining or marinades will only require about 30 min to an hour to accomplish so it doesn't really require too much extra forethought.

One more thing... Get a meat hammer and slip the breasts into a heavy ziplock and beat them down to an even thickness. Breasts are naturally not even, and by the time the thickest part is cooked through, the thin edges get way overcooked. Pounding them out (or butterflying them) will eliminate that problem and they will cook much faster as well.

Edited by Original Greaser Bob 11/8/2018 09:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)