AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Digifarm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

swenzel
Posted 11/6/2018 09:21 (#7088342 - in reply to #7087213)
Subject: RE: Digifarm

NW IL

Can someone explain how well this works?

DigiFarm uses a cellular modem (or cellular device such as an iPad) to connect to the network. The cellular modem is simply a piece of hardware. Radio based RTK uses a radio (physical piece of hardware) to connect to an RTK network. DigiFarm uses a network based solution and creates a "virtual" base station. The virtual base station is a numerical solution based on all of the base stations that your rover is located near.

Will it be accurate enough for water drainage work?

We have been tiling with DigiFarm for about 4 years. We are running a Gold Digger Pro with Ag Leader Intellislope. We ran it for the first year with Ag Leader ParaDyme and have since since switched to the Ag Leader 6500 RTK receiver. We are getting sub-inch vertical accuracy. As long as you are inside the network, you should be able to get sub-inch vertical accuracy.

If you are unsure about services in your area or how well it will work for you, I would suggest contacting DigiFarm and see about getting set up with a demo to try it in your area to make sure it will work for your needs.

Is it easily moveable to setup?

"Yes" you can move the RTK receiver and cellular modem between machines. We move our Ag Leader 6500 RTK unit and cellular modem between our planting tractor, our tile plow and our combine. We use a single subscription for these three different applications.

Could it feed a Raven viper pro and a starlink setup?

You need an RTK unlocked receiver to use DigiFarm. I am by no means an expert on the starlink......if your starlink is unlocked to RTK, then "yes" you can use it with DigiFarm. I'm not positive though if the starlink hardware ever offered an RTK option or not. The Viper Pro can accept DigiFarm from an RTK unlocked receiver. The viper pro can accept 3rd party RTK receivers. So....if your starlink can not be unlocked to RTK (or is cost prohibitive), you could purchase say a used trimble RTK unlocked receiver (for example 262 or 372) or a used Ag Leader RTK receiver (for example 2500 or 6500) and use that as your RTK rover on your tractor.  

Disclosure: I am a dealer of DigiFarm in NW Illinois and SW Wisconsin. We use DigiFarm for our own tiling needs as well as some custom work for some neighboring farmers. We install roughly install ~100K feet per year with it. I also have a few customers running tile plows as well a trencher on DigiFarm.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)