AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Want to go to RTK, john deere, cheapest with what I have
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caleb_brown
Posted 10/29/2018 06:22 (#7071387 - in reply to #7070392)
Subject: RE: Want to go to RTK, john deere, cheapest with what I have

West KY
4beanpod - 10/28/2018 15:32

Are you unlocked to receive RTK correction? If so, you could check DigiFarm. It works with 3000 and 6000. Looks like you are just in their coverage area.

Subscription is $900/yr. You would need a Beacon that is a onetime $650. You can just unplug it like a data stick to move to other equipment or you could easily sell it if you did put up your own base.

Only other thing you would need is a cell phone with a data plan. Most phones have free data and a free app converts phone to a modem

Lots of info at http://godigifarm.com

+1

DigiFarm would be a great way to get into RTK without the expense of putting up your own base. $4400 plus an iPad with data service would get you running on one of your 3000 receivers. After that it’s $900 a year for subscription.

Putting up a tower would cost you a minimum $8600 plus the radio equipment and then you have to maintain/insure it in the event of a storm or other quirky thing. Unless you are already pretty much set up I’d recommend anyone go DigiFarm or jump on a dealer network. Especially with a maximum of 3 rovers. If you had 10, that’s a different story and more easily justified.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)