AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you see when you drive by ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

random_farmhick
Posted 10/28/2018 13:24 (#7070113 - in reply to #7069299)
Subject: RE: The younger generation's story

Upper Sandusky, Ohio
I have to steal both of these, I really hope neither of you mind... The second one hits home hard right now because of some struggles. Since my wife and I have been together this has been the toughest year and it has been hard on her not seeing what I put myself though each day trying to get everything done by myself on the farm and shop, while she takes care of the kids and go works in town. A 2 year old and 3 month old has changed some perspectives in my life the last couple of months, and I just hope I can keep the family farm going that has been in the family since it was homesteaded in 1849 long enough for them to take over. The one above hits home hard because my grandpa who passed when he was 92, that stopped helping at 89 would climb up that combine ladder almost faster than I could, just because his knees couldn't take it anymore. We finally had to have him call it quits because we were fixing problems everyday because his reflexes were not there from running the header in the ground, hitting the unloading auger on a tree, to running the truck over, to at the elevator having a hard time driving on the scales right. What I would give to let him get in the combine or tractor one more time though...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)