AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fair price for jersey beef?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dave morgan
Posted 11/4/2018 01:41 (#7082739 - in reply to #7072506)
Subject: RE: Fair price for jersey beef?

Somerville, Indiana
Word of mouth is the very best for selling beef with main most consideration of repeat business...Getting started is the most difficult process of all, same as starting a small business...Exact same thing...Thinking start small, have one of the best butchered, blast frozen, and what cut rit on each package...Sell that beef reasonable for you, as in plan on a good profit...Haul in clean truck bed around town, ask folks to try your beef...As that part begins selling good, show customers that you can provide them with cheaper beef if they are so inclined for that...Main most intention of selling the first beef is getting folks attention..

Play like the watermelon man and sell the first one out of your truck, if I failed to make that idea clear above...Frozen beef in a cooler...It took me much too long to persue my excavating business to folks close to home, but when I finally approached them, they took it well and we had some place to go every day...The local small jobs paid the insurance, license plates, and fuel bill in between water ways, clearing, ditchin, and moving oil rigs...You can work that same idea with your beef, people need to know and trust you with providing their beef..

Show pictures of your farm, feed lot, etc to potential customers...First month will be the hard part, then much easier done after that...That can go on to bigger things in the future if you find that idea to be good for you and family...Have family to push your beef business as well..

Then, have you a place to feed out your steers?..Do you have time for that?..That all could go on forever if you have carn to feed, looks like you are buying hay, so maybe you don't have enough facility to feed out your steers...Need not answer, just trying to put the bug in your ear..

Edited by dave morgan 11/4/2018 01:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)