AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's causing this? apex harvest maps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 10/25/2018 13:30 (#7064564 - in reply to #7061058)
Subject: RE: What's causing this? apex harvest maps

WC Mn/Dakotas
I dont really do work in apex, i just know how to get the data out so i can use it in better software programs. I dont remember off hand how to set the different machines. The best advice is to read tour manual, each jd series has a different protocol for proper calibration. After that you can spend time on youtube fine tuning from there.

You should be able to set your gps (flow delay settings) to properly adjust this zipper effect you are seeing. This is similar to setting planter shutoffs up so you dont have gaps or double planting.

So there is the calibration and then there is gps flow delay settings. There is also header height switch adjustments that turn on/off yield recording. Then you want to also operate the speed in and out of the headland smoothly and consistently.

All these factors go into painting an accurate picture. If this is all executed properly, you will gwt a spatially accurate map that not coincidentally also has the correct bushels. Those that do not do this properly can get total bushels to match but sparially incorrect and usually have to constantly "re-calibrate"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)